Skip Navigation Links2016-17-Match-Reports-09-10-11

​Match Reports September 10th & 11th 2016

​The new season kicked off on Saturday 10th September, with matches for the Girls U12s and U14s teams at Grange Park. U12s Girls performed magnificently to beat York RI 9-0, with five different players on the scoresheet.​ The U14s Girls have moved up to 9 a side this season. ​The combination of the new format, some new players, and a few missing players​ contributed to a 0-5 defeat against Skelton, ​who made the long trek all the way from Teeside.​ The scoreline flattered the opposition a little, as KDR ​had a lot of chances but failed to find the back of the net.

Sunday saw the boys teams entering the fray. In the younger age groups U8s started with a resounding win over Beckwithshaw Whites. They won all four matches, keeping three clean sheets in the process​.​ U10s drew 2 and lost 2 matches at home to Pannal Sports. The scores didn't reflect how well the boys played, and if not for some poor marking and simple mistakes could have come away with a couple of wins.

U12s have moved up from 7 to 9 a side football this season, and also split into two teams. U12s Dynamos won their opening league match 4-0 against Wigton Moor to go top of the table.​ Despite being the better side, and having lots of chances, U12s Kinetic went down 0-2 to Pannal Sports Raptors​.

U13s are also putting out two teams this seasonU13s White played their first league game of the campaign​ away at Killinghall Nomads. Overall it was an evenly matched game​. KDR had a hatful of chances but couldn't find the back of the net. Killinghall​, on the other hand, took their chances, consigning us to a 0-3 defeat.​ The first game for the new U13s Blue team was a friendly against an established Ripon side. The 1-6 defeat does not reflect how well the boys performed in the first outing as a team.

The U14s and U15s both succumbed to heavy defeats. U14s lost 1-6 at home to Harrogate Railway​. In their first match back in the top flight U15s ​took the lead against Beckwithshaw Saints Rhinos, but went down 1-7.

U16s started the season with a well deserved victory against newly promoted Burley Trojans. After going in ​​ goalless at the break, the boys passed the ball much better and quicker in the second half, winning 4-1 to go top of the league.

U17s started their season with a 1-1 draw against Knaresborough Celtic Hoops at Grange Park. Knaresborough opened the scoring after only 10 minutes when a well floated cross from the right wing was headed home. KDR fought back and were twice unlucky not to score when a curling corner kick by Jake Swift was tipped over the crossbar by the Knaresborough keeper. Shortly afterwards a perfectly flighted free kick by Luke Kilby found Rowan Bentley who was unlucky to see his header fly off target. At the end of the first half time, KDR pressed again and a shot from Jacob Hann was blocked on the goal line.

The second half was even with chances for both sides until 10 minutes from time, when a through ball from James O'Sullivan found Colum Fletcher who skipped past the keeper to equalise for KDR. Deighton's Man of the Match went to Luke Kilby for a solid performance at centre half.​