Skip Navigation LinksMatch-Reports-2016-10-01

​Match Reports October 1st & 2nd 2016

U9s played at home against a good Pannal Ash side, winning 3 games and losing the fourth. U10s were drawn at home in the Cup against Ripon City Panthers. 3 draws, all of which could have gone either way, and one defeat means no further progress in the competition. U11s hosted Otley and New Park Bulldogs in the Cup, coming away with two good wins. The boys played some good football against teams who were stronger than those they have faced so far this season. 

Girls U12s Dragons lost 0-3 away to Stamford Bridge, the standout team in the league. After conceding twice in quick succession the performance improved; the girls kept going and hit the post twice, but all in all the result was a fair reflection of the game. It was another frustrating game for the Boys U12s Dynamos. They matched Beckwithshaw Blues all the way, outplayed them in the second half but just couldn't score. The opposition took their few chances and won the game 3-0. 

U13 Whites performance was the worst of the season so far. Despite taking a 1-0 lead against Pool Panthers they then conceded five goals. U13 Blues played New Park Bulldogs, one of the top teams in the division. Despite some great individual performances and shots on goal they were unable to get the ball past a very tall goal keeper and lost 0-5. Man of the match went to Aiden in goal. 

U14s lost 2-3 away at Harrogate Railway. A close game that probably should have been a draw but after having easily beaten the same team two weeks ago they changed their tactics and man marked our better players. U15s played brilliantly to lead Knaresborough 2-0 but eventually lost 2-3.  Despite losing it was a brilliant performance against one of the top teams in the league. U16s lost 2-4 at Horsforth St Margarets. It was the worst performance of the season; we didn't create a single chance, our goals coming from a free kick and a poor back pass. U18s beat Nidd 6-2, playing some good football in the process.

A hat trick from Sam Monaghan gave the U17s a deserved win against Nidd Utd with a final score of 4-2. Nidd opened the scoring after only 11 minutes but Deighton equalised almost immediately when a through ball from Sam found Jake Swift who finished superbly into the far bottom corner of the goal. KDR took the lead when a high ball from Jake Jones into the Nidd penalty area caused chaos and Sam pounced to score. Just before half time, Sam scored again from a free kick which flew perfectly into the top corner of the net.

In the second half, Deighton increased their lead when a free kick from Luke Kilby was punched out by the Nidd keeper but only to Jacob Hann who deflected the ball to Sam to score his hat trick. Nidd scored the final goal when a low free kick into the KDR penalty area was neatly converted to leave a final score of 4-2. Deighton's man of the match was Callum Unsworth.​