Skip Navigation LinksMatch-Reports-2016-11-12

​​​​​​​Match Reports November 12th & 13th​​ 2016


Congratulations to the U11s​​, victorious in the Cup Final against Otley.​​ 

​A good match, with ​positive football and some great goals.

Elsewhere U9s played away against Beckwithshaw on the 3G pitch at Rossett, winning all 4 games. We started off slowly but then came into the game. We genuinely played as a team today, the defence working brilliantly together.  The boys did so well in one match we could have left our goalie at home. They are really starting to gel now and couldn't have been more pleased with them. 

After a difficult match last weekend U12s Kinetic played positive football at home against Ilkley Juniors. We deserved at least a point, and would have got three but for their fantastic keeper. Despite losing 3-4 the team performance was very satisfying. It is wonderful to see players who used to be quite weak working hard and becoming confident and determined in their position. KDR's form team U12s Dynamo faced a physical Nidd United side. We had no subs available and two players carrying injuries, but thanks to sheer persistence and a little bit of luck we got over the finishing line 3-2, to make it five straight wins.

U12s ​Girls Dragons recorded their first victory since September with a hard fought 1-0 win over Tockwith. The girls were very disciplined in a game of few chances. They had the upper hand for most of the game and the decisive goal came midway through the second half. They then defended superbly but needed a fantastic reaction save from our goalkeeper in injury time to claim a deserved win. Their team spirit was excellent which bodes well for the rest of the season.​ U14s Girls Kites played well away at York Railway Institute. Our stand in keeper was great but we lost 0-10 to a strong team. 

U13s Whites were away to a very strong Harrogate Railway side, conceding five goals before half time. We scored 3 in the second half, but let in 5 more, final result 3-10. ​U16s got back to winning ways with a 1-0 win away at Wigton Moor. It was a solid performance over 80 mins, and the result was never in doubt. U18s ​d​rew 2-2 with Nidd, having beaten them 6-2 earlier in the season. A slow start saw us concede a goal ​​​after 5 minutes, levelling before half time. We desevedly went ahead after the break, ​only to concede the equiliser with 5 minutes to go.​

U17s were away at Ilkley. After only 4 minutes the KDR defence were caught napping to go 1-0 down and then to add salt to that wound a wicked deflection in the 10th minute went beyond the Deighton keeper's reach, so 2-0. Half an hour of the two teams cancelling each other out was broken in the 44th minute when from a Luke Kilby corner, Sam Monaghan hammered home the loose ball in the 6 yard box to make the half time score 2-1. The second half was an altogether different affair as KDR changed up a gear and with an equaliser in minute 57 by Sam Monaghan from the edge of the area, Deighton began to dominate. Further goals came - in the 72nd minute from James O'Sullivan after a perfect cross from Callum Unsworth, in the 76th minute by Josh Quinn from 20 yards, in the 78th another from James and to finish the game off, a final goal two minutes from time for Colum Fletcher. The Kirby Builders Merchants Man of the Match award went to Kyle Mackinnon for his best performance of the season.