Skip Navigation LinksPages-2016-17-Match-Reports-09-17-18

​​​​Match Reports September 17th & 18​th 2016

U12s Girls traveled to Selby to play a strong Brayton Belles team, who were last years League Cup finalists. The girls recovered well from the loss of an early goal and in a cracking end to end match equalised, hit the post and were kept out by some fine saves in a breathless first hal​​f. KDR were the better team in the second half but nothing quite fell our way in front of goal and Brayton scored on the break with about 7 minutes left. Our girls then threw everything at them in the last few minutes but with our entire team in their half pressing for an equaliser conceded another in injury time to lose 3-​​1. ​

In non-league action ​the U9s won four out of four against Pannal Sports Lions at Grange Park. The U11s ​played some great football away at Pool, showing good passing and movement to win both ​games.

Two of the boys teams were up for the cup this weekend. ​​​U12s Dynamos lost ​2-9 at Collingham in the BML Sports Junior Cup. A better result for the U14s​ against Harrogate Railway in the Deighton Shield. Two goals up after 5 minutes, ​​the boys went in at half time leading 3-1, thanks in no small part ​​to ​Harrogate failing to convert their many chances, including a missed penalty. ​​​We were more in control in the second half, ​​eventually winning a very open game 6-2.

U13s Blues first League game at home to Leeds Maccabi was also the first match to be played on the new 9 a side pitch. A great team effort resulted in a 4-1 victory, with two goals from Billy Furbank​, one from Matthew Kilburn and one from man of the match Harrison Buck.​

Two teams made the journey to Ilkley, but both came away empty-handed. U12s Kinetic ​​went down 1-7. U16s were lethargic in the first half, going in 1-3 down at the break. The boys got back into the match in the second half, and despite missing several chances levelled the scores from a free kick and a penalty before a crucial loss of possession resulted in an Ilkley winner.​

U15s recovered from last week's defeat to win a tight match against Wigton Moor Athletic at Grange Park. A single goal from the penalty spot gave us a 1-0 win.​ U18s lost 1-3 against a strong Wetherby side. A very good performance as we were missing key players and had no subs. At 1-2 their keeper pulled off a fantastic save to stop us levelling and we conceded a late soft goal chasing the game.​​